A place to discover and appreciate music, and the thoughts that they engender.

Music

Thursday, August 4, 2011

"The Lonely" by Christina Perri

Do you ever find a song that you swear could have been written just for you? As if the lyrics were your very own words? It's kind of amazing when that happens, and this song by Christina Perri is one of those songs for me. There are some things that have happened in my life, even recently that have made me feel every word. And now I can't believe it, like literally cannot believe that this is how things turned out, not after what was. After all this time, that loss has crept up on me in a way that I wasn't expecting. And it's strange to feel that loss inside my heart. I never wanted any of this...this wasn't how things were supposed to be.

No comments: